Sunday, June 4, 2017

Wicked Tuk Tuk Ride

Wicked is in town and I was able to score two last minute tickets.  Interesting that this UK travel company's version had some different dialogue than the Broadway version.  After enjoying the show we hurried to catch the 地铁。  We made the first train but when we transferred the last train had already gone.  Started looking for a taxi on the street and instead found a man and his tuk tuk.  

After negotiating a price we climbed in.  Now usually tuk tuks are electric as you don't have to have them licensed, but this one was gas, which meant we got to breathe it in.  I don't think our driver stopped once, even for red lights.  He would just curve in a different direction until he had past all of the cars and then keep going in the right direction.  Some times he would dodge the post holes and other times hit them square on.  I couldn't decide which way I preferred.  Now normally you might think I would be worried, trying not to scream as I hung on for dear life, but nope, I actually rather enjoyed it and wondered how I could describe it so that you would have a feel for the experience.😜 




No comments:

Post a Comment