Monday, January 30, 2017

Greetings from Beijing

Hello everyone who cares to read this,


I am limited on my email availability and won't be able to send pictures :( but thought I should keep in touch anyway.


Everyone but Drake quickly adjusted to the time change.  We are staying in a 2 bedroom hotel/apartment.  Bought a basketball so the boys could play on the court and use up their energy.


We jumped right in with the Great Wall of China.  Then the Forbidden Palace with 2 other million people.  The size of the place is incredible!


The boys and I have explored our neighborhood, markets and a beautiful park filled with temples.  While some are cool the boys could fill the absence of the spirit. 


We have become quite the attraction ourselves.  Some of the people especially the kids are quite cute about asking for a photo.  The most common thing I hear or am asked about is, "si ge, si ge erzi?" "Four, you have four boys?"  I thin that was my first Chinese phrase I learned here.


Speaking of which we are all slowly working on the language and my tutor has just been found and I'll begin my lessons this week.  Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is quite interesting trying to have a conversation without knowing each other's language or being able to use sign language.  Only those in hostess/tourist places can speak English and sometimes very limited.


We took a taxi to church yesterday and the driver took a selfie of himself and all the boys in the backseat.  He wasn't done when the light changed so the cars behind began honking.


When we move here and I have a computer I'll start my official blog.  Maybe I'll improve my creative writing juices when I'm not finger typing an being interrupted or kicked off the internet.


Good luck with school starting and we wish we could see the Philadelphia Temple open house.


Until next time,


Amber





No comments:

Post a Comment