Sunday, April 9, 2017

School Days

 In YCIS, there are 5 school houses. The  Red Phoenix, Green Dragons, Purple Monkeys, Blue Mustangs, and Yellow Tigers. I am in: The Red Phoenix. A lot of my new friends are in Blue Mustang and Green Dragon, but it doesn't matter. In gym class, we are focusing on Basketball. My teacher and some friends in the class have encouraged me to  join the basketball team because I am really good. All I am good at is unexpecting 3p shots (won a game during class with them), pass support, offense dribbling, and fouling. I usually practice some BB during lunch period either in the gym or outside court. It's a shame that our apartment complex doesn't have a BB court, and that we don't have a Bball. For the violin skills, we sent a form for lessons into the school, but the school hasn't responded back yet. I will check into that on the next school week. Meanwhile, the orchestra is like a so called blues band that actually is made up of drunken monkeys. We have 6 keyboard players who 75% of them do NOT know what they are doing, same with the flutes. Violins, pianist, electric guitarists, and drummers are at neutral level. No one can keep the beat, and hold the whole group together. Everything is a complete mess.   

By Guy



Recently our mother figured out how to make slow motion videos on her phone. We quickly made a video with our scooters in the park neighboring the Forbidden City. 

3 comments:

  1. Love your post Guy! Hopefully you will continue to practice and play basketball. I used to play the flute in Elementary School, and I wasn't very good at all. Once, the band director called on me, to play the notes and I couldn't do it. Probably one of my most embarrassing moments. I did learn how to play the piano though, and played for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Thank must have been embarrassing. I wish we had our basketball so I could practice. Thank you for your comment. Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I just had a thought - you don't speak the same language, but the language of music is all the same. How amazing. Too bad they can't play well though!

    ReplyDelete