Wednesday, May 3, 2017

To Market, To Market. . .

Living near a huge park has its perks.  For instance, recently there was a ten day Book Fair located there and I was able to attend three times.  Yes, I was able to find something to buy each time.  According to the internet: over 600 stalls, 300 publishers and 400,000 books and other items were available for discount prices!!!  Book Heaven! 

True most were in Chinese but that is what I was looking for.  In fact one gentleman tried to guide me to his section of English books and I tried telling him, "I don't want English, I want Chinese".  I am not sure if his confusion was because I didn't want them or due to my Chinese.  😏

My last shopping trip find was a stack of Readers based on the Monkey King theme, both of which I have been keeping my eye open for. Score!  Readers are a great help for us and the Monkey King is a huge classic.  The best part is I was able to get a set of 20 for $5 compared to the $3 per reader, the best I could find up to this point. 



The blue stalls had the biggest discounts!!



My first trip's treasures.  The Four Great Chinese Classics and some readers/books for Drake.  All of our purchased books have pinyin and characters.  One has English as well.



Next is the Fabric Market.  (Heavens opening up with heavenly choir singing.)
Unfortunately they are tearing it down this year.  Luckily many vendors have found a new location for the new market.  Which means we have to shop at one drive a few miles away to finish shopping.  Now a few miles may seem close but that can be an adventure in itself! 


Ribbon store
I thought I showed excellent restraint in my purchases here, but there is always next time.  😜





Of course the one I wanted was on a huge roll in the back.  At first I thought she wasn't going to sell it to me, but then she climbed up over the other bolts, pulled enough up for my meter and cut it without having to take the bolt up.  What a woman!



Yes, I already have projects lined up, now to wait until my sewing machine gets here!




1 comment:

  1. WOW! So many fabrics to choose from. Post a pic with whatever you are able to create. Do you have your sewing machine yet?

    ReplyDelete